Fostex HP-A8C 32bit DAC Headphone Amplifier
The new HP-A8C is Fostex's flagship 32bit DAC / Headphone Amplifier model and features finely designed Analog and Digital circuitries as well as the epoch-making DSD audio playback function.
Housed in a gorgeous enclosure featuring glass front panel and black side panel, the HP-A8C is set to spark the interest of both high-end headphone users as well as PC audio makers, professionals and enthusiasts.
Partner with the new TH-900, premium headphones for excellent results.
- High fidelity 32bit D/A converter (Asahi Kasei's AK4399) and all discrete analog circuitry headphone amplifier.
- Complies with USB Audio Class 2.0 up to 32bit / 192kHz (24bit on Windows)
- Asynchronous mode by highly precise TCXO (Temperature Compensated Cristal Oscillator) clock.
- Highly precise level adjustment by an electronic volume designed for audio equipment.
- Large capacity toroidal power transformer.
- Built-in SD (SDHC) card drive for epoch-making DSD file (DSF format) reproduction in addition to the firmware update.
- Selectable between the internal clock and the external clock (except for USB and SD card)
- Built-in up-sampling function of x 2 and x4
- Digital Filter selection between the conventional "sharp roll-off" and the "minimum delay" developed by Asahi Kasei to eliminate pre-echo.
- Direct Out mode bypassing the volume control circuit.
- Variable headphone amplifier's gain from 0dB to -12dB by 0.5dB step for perfect match with any type of headphones.
- Various inputs including USB, AES/EBU, Coaxial, Optical (x2) and analog RCA.
- A dedicated Remote Controller is supplied.
- Beautiful white Organic LED for the display