Fostex HP-A4 24Bit DAC / Headphone Amp
Model HP-A4 is a new, improved version of the acclaimed HP-A3. It offers up to DSD 5.6MHz and PCM 192kHz for superior audio playback functionality as well as the sophisticated and class-leading appearance of the flagship HP-A8C.
- USB buss powered operation without AC adapter
- Linear PCM audio up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD audio up to 5.6MHz playback*
- Quick and easy hi-resolution playback in combination with "FOSTEX Audio Player" software
- HI/LO Gain selection (10dB) for wider range of headphones
- Asynchronous transfer mode by using the custom made crystal
- Digital Filer selecting Roll-off characteristics and Cut-off characteristics according to the audio source
- Complies with USB Audio Class 2.0 on Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Vista / 7 / 8 and MacOS X 10.6 or later. **
- MicroSD (SDHC) card drive on the rear panel for future firmware update.***
* requires a DSD playback software on PC such as the upcoming "FOSTEX Audio Player". Both DoP and ASIO acceptable.
** requires the dedicated driver for Windows. Not compatible with Windows XP 64bit.
*** does not playback audio data stored on a microSD card