TASCAM’s compact DR-10X attaches to a handheld microphone for the ultimate compact news gathering recording system. A captive XLR connector attaches firmly to your microphone, capturing interviews at 48kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV resolution. Offload recordings through the microUSB connection or by removing the MicroSD card.
The DR-10X has both manual and automatic gain settings, with a low cut filter and limiter to prevent overloads. The Dual Recording mode captures a copy of the audio at a lower level, so if there is distortion you have a backup safety. Recording can begin instantly by holding the record side switch while turning the unit on.
For simple-to-use ENG recording that stays out of the way, TASCAM’s DR-10X leads the field.
- XLR jack mounts directly to dynamic microphone (It also can use condenser microphone powered by battery.)
- 48kHz/24 bit BWF mono recording
- Uses MicroSD or MicroSDHC media, up to 32GB
- Mic pre gain Low/Mid/High control
- Instant record mode – power on while holding record button side switch
- Limiter and low cut filter
- Manual or automatic gain control
- Dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level as a safety track
- Time Track Increment function writes a new track marker after a set time limit. There is on/off setting, but the time is 15 minutes fixed when turn it on.
- Easy-to-read OLED display
- Edit settings on a PC and send them to the DR-10X through the microUSB port
- Playback function with headphone out
- More than 8 hours of recording with single AAA battery